- Place all carry-on baggage such as children's toys, bags and blankets on the X-ray belt for screening.
- Strollers, umbrella-strollers, baby carriers, car and booster seats and backpacks must be screened by X-ray.
- Place items in the stroller pockets or baskets, in a carry-on bag or on the X-ray belt for screening.
- Equipment that does not fit through the X-ray machine will undergo a visual/physical inspection by TSA officers.
Screening Your Child
- Children 12 and under can leave their shoes, light jackets and headwear on during screening.
- Children will not be separated from their parent/guardian.
- Remove infants and children from their carriers and carry them in arms through the walk-through metal detector.
- Infants may be carried in a sling through the walk-through metal detector but may be subject to additional screening.
- Modified screening procedures are in place to reduce the likelihood of a pat-down.